- 1 cup fresh berries of your choice, chopped if necessary
- 1 cup homemade toasted muesli (recipe follows)
- 1 cup organic Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup crushed berry sauce (recipe follows)
- Mint, to garnish
- Layer ingredients in glass beginning with yoghurt, followed by berries, muesli and then berry sauce.
- Repeat and then garnish with a fresh mint sprig.
- ½ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, diced
- Preheat oven to 110 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients except fruit.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix oil, honey and Heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to the boil. Take off the heat and stir into dry ingredients immediately.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on the baking sheet and bake until golden brown, stirring and flipping every 20 minutes or so to ensure even toasting.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, add dried fruit and store in an airtight container.
Crushed Berry Sauce
- 100 grams berries of your choice, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon good organic honey
- Lightly crush berries with a fork, add honey and stir until combined.