- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 cup raw caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 x 250 gram tin of crushed pineapple in juice (drained and juice reserved for frosting)
- Coconut flakes, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease and line your cake tin of choice.
- In a food processor, blitz the eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Add half the mixture to the egg and oil mixture and pulse to combine. Repeat with remaining flour.
- Add the mashed banana and pineapple and process on low for 30 – 60 seconds.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 22 – 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, frost with pineapple cream cheese frosting (recipe follows) and then decorate with coconut flakes.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 250 grams cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 cups icing mixture
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Beat cream cheese and icing until smooth.
- Add pineapple juice and continue beating until mixed thoroughly.